Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dracula vs Sasquatch!


So one day on our way back to Sudbury, my friend Nate says to me, "what would happen if Sasquatch were to fight Dracula?" After taking a few seconds to contemplate this proposed fight, I said something along the lines of, "the most amazing fight ever!!!" We ended up talking about the amazing, fun, potential of this battle, and once we got back to our place, spent the rest of the night drawing up designs for the characters. I ended up focusing on my Sasquatch design because I thought it would give me the most difficulty. I had a great time drawing him and did a few different versions of the beast. When it came to Dracula, I was stumped. I wanted the nice classic 1930's Bela Lugosi look, but with a thinner, more gaunt looking form, and ridiculously huge hands. As you can see from above, Dracula never really was completely designed. Nevertheless, an idea for a short did form, and I did start on some very rough boards. I'll see if it goes anywhere. Hope you enjoy the drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment