Friday, December 7, 2012

Pirate Pigs and Some Line Work


So it's definitely been too long since I've posted.  Needless to say I've been very busy with lots of exciting stuff this year.  Plus for some reason work, my new puppy, and getting married has kept me very busy.

Anyway, here are a couple of photoshop files I've been working on.  The Tarzan looking guy facing off against the big cat is for an idea I've had for a while.  The character has changed since I first started the piece, but the overall idea has remained the same.  The main issue I've been having with my idea is how do you design a character that lives in a jungle and not make him look like a Glen Keane Tarzan clone.  Especially when the big chin and sloping brow are so perfect for that type of character.  Like I say, his look has changed, so hopefully it's enough that he isn't a Tarzan clone anymore.

The second piece was just a fun paint I did for an idea I had about a pirate ship full of pigs hunting down, and battling a pirate ship full of butchers.  I wanted a painterly style and to work with heavy opacities on photoshop while I did it.  Overall, I'm pleased with it, learned a lot from working in a different way then I'm used to and most importantly, had fun with it.  I think I just may have to keep doing more of these.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment